There’s something that eats away at the very core of your community and you probably don’t even realise. The good news is there’s something you can do about it! 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 5 children are affected by domestic abuse at some point during their adult or childhood and the social and economic impact of domestic abuse amounts to an estimated £66 billion.
What does being an Alpha Vesta Community Advocate mean?
Becoming an Alpha Vesta Community Advocate in Breaking the Cycle of Domestic Abuse costs nothing. It’s simply a commitment that you:-
- acknowledge the impact that domestic abuse has across the community and within the workplace.
- support prevention and early intervention around domestic abuse across your community and workforce.
What do I have to do to become a Community Advocate?
- Becoming a Community Advocate involves engaging with at least 3 of the Alpha Vesta Commitments on a regular basis (every 2 months).
- Our Client and Community Coordinator will support you in achieving and celebrating all of your accomplishments in being a Community Advocate and make sure you have all the resources and support you need.
What does being an Alpha Vesta Community Advocate offer me as a business or organisation?
- Your logo will be displayed on our Partners and Sponsors page as a Community Advocate in your area and shared across our social media platforms.
- You will be provided with a Community Advocate Certificate and signed Commitment to display across your business or organisation which provides enormous connection with your community and a strong association with a safe, supportive and understanding brand.
What are the Alpha Vesta Community Advocate Commitments that I can choose from?
- For one or more members of your business or organisation to attend one of our fully-funded 2hr Online Training Workshops. Our Eventbrite Page is eventbrite.co.uk/o/alpha-vesta-cic-30277303852 but can also be accessed through our website www.alphavesta.com Events Tab.
- Encourage and provide employees with the time to attend our Training Workshops.
- Signpost people across your Community to our Website alphavesta.com for information and access to training.
- Share our Posters and Online PDF Posters which are available through our website and can be downloaded at:- https://alphavesta.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Alpha-Vesta-CIC-Public-Training-Catalogue-and-Poster-Resources-January-2022-Essex.pdf
- Host a Presentation for your Business or Organisation delivered by Alpha Vesta either within an existing event or on its own.
- Display Alpha Vesta’s 15 minute Presentation on Staff Intranet or across Internal Communications https://vimeo.com/564219716/87765eea7f
- Allow Alpha Vesta to support you to Create Safe Spaces within your Workplace for staff, customers or clients to access information and support.
- Sponsor a Community Training session in your area.
- Follow and share our articles and blogs through your own Social Media Platforms:-
LinkedIn: @Alpha Vesta
- Subscribe to our Newsletter and encourage others to do the same. Share across your organisation and networks each month.
Feel free to message us and ask any questions