The Alpha Vesta Toolkit – Building a Holistic Approach to Breaking the Cycle of Domestic Abuse
Level 4 – 3 hr Online Workshop
This Advanced Workshop pulls together all of our Alpha Vesta Awareness and Core Sessions:
- Introduction to Domestic Abuse
- Understanding Domestic Abuse and its Impact
- The Complexity of Domestic Abuse
- Recognising & Responding to Domestic Abuse in the Workplace
- The Impact of Domestic Abuse on Children & Young People
This course is designed for anyone living and working within and across the community however is ideal for those working with children and young people, in health settings, youth work and community organisations. It is also ideal for social workers, police and local authorities who wish to broaden their understanding of domestic abuse and its impact.
- Funded for those living and working in Essex
- Non-funded at £25 for those living and working out of Essex
This training is fully-funded for attendees based in Essex; either living, working or delivering work that impacts those within the County. Therefore, for those attendees based outside of the County/UK please ensure you have selected the Non-funded ticket option where there is a small charge of £25 per delegate.
Aims and objectives:
- To build understanding on the complexity of both the legal system and safeguarding systems when we consider domestic abuse.
- To understand the process of assessing the risks and needs that a victim and their children may be facing.
- To understand the purpose and importance of looking at the full picture when considering risk and need.
- To understand the importance of effective support and safety planning when we consider domestic abuse.
- To reinforce the message that creating awareness, prevention and early intervention across the Workplace is imperative in order to “Break the Cycle of Domestic Abuse”.
Online via Zoom