Introduction to Domestic Abuse
Core 1 – 1 hr Online Workshop
Domestic abuse often appears in the news and across media outlets, but research shows that many people across communities and workplaces lack any real understanding of what domestic abuse really is, it’s impact and why it is so complex.
This CPD Accredited awareness workshop, aims to build an understanding of what we mean by Domestic Abuse, its history, impact and complexities.
This session is designed and open to everyone, regardless of existing knowledge level & understanding of domestic abuse. The aim of this session is to provide an important foundation on which we can build from within our Core level sessions.
- General Admission (Free) All attendees are requested to register individually to ensure attendance is recorded for those wishing to secure CPD accreditations and to ensure receipt of the supporting handbook after completing the full session.
Aims and objectives:
- To build understanding around the definition of ‘Domestic Abuse’
- To build understanding on the prevalence and complexities that exist
- To build understanding around the different types of ‘Domestic Abuse Incidents’
- To build awareness of the risks around ‘Stalking and Harassment’
- To build confidence to reach out and respond to the signs of domestic abuse
Online via Zoom