Understanding Domestic Abuse and its Impact
Level 1 – 1.5hr Online Workshop
Domestic abuse occurs across the world irrespective of socio-economic status, race, religion, gender and sexual orientation. This workshop, builds on Level 1: Introduction to Domestic Abuse, to explore the different types of domestic abuse, the national and regional impact of domestic abuse, as well as the different laws and interventions that currently exist to combat it.
Not all domestic abuse looks the same and so this session looks at the physical, emotional and psychological types of abuse and the factors that can fuel and underpin the many different cases of domestic abuse.
A range of case studies are explored as well as research into the value of creating grass-roots training in domestic abuse across communities and workplaces. We are often having contact with both victims and perpetrators of abuse every single day but have no understanding or skills to recognise the signs, understand the impact of the abuse or have the confidence to respond.
This course is designed for anyone living and working within and across the community. We recommend that Level 1 is completed prior to attending our Core sessions and we also suggest that our Core sessions are completed in order from one to four if building towards our Advanced level 4.
- General Admission (Free) All attendees are requested to register individually to ensure attendance is recorded for those working towards one of our CPD accreditations and to ensure receipt of the supporting handbook after the session.
Aims and objectives:
- To build understanding around the definition of ‘Domestic Abuse’
- To learn more about the different types of ‘Abusive Behaviour’
- To build understanding around the different types of ‘Domestic Abuse Incidents’
- To build awareness of the risks around ‘Stalking and Harassment’
- To build confidence to reach out and respond to the signs of domestic abuse
Online via Zoom